Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life Experiences

Do you ever wonder how you arrived to the place you are today? All of the decisions, changes, events, people met, people lost, moves, jobs, and crossroads in life. I think of it sometimes.

I am writing this in my 4x9 teardrop trailer that's sitting in my driveway. Why do I even have this little camper? It came about from a dream I had a a kid to travel.

I did a few things this week including taking Maggie's leftover food, toys and 4 beds to the animal shelter for other dogs to enjoy. It was hard. I looked at all of the animals up for adoption and found 4 I loved. One I can't stop thinking about. But I know maybe it's not the right time. But, when is the RIGHT time? I adopted Maggie when I lived in a small apartment and kennel trained her while she was alone all day with no yard. "We" eventually made money and moved into a house with grass. When I lived in the apartment, people said it wasn't fair to her, but I fell in love with her. I can't imagine my life without an animal.

I digress. I was lucky enough to be asked to participate in an Oprah magazine photo shoot to recreate the painting, Sunday in the park. It was an experience for sure. I blogged about my day a little over a month ago. Alas, the photo is now out on newsstands in O. Here is it. Can you find me? Squint...see me?


So, the life list of things I want to do before I die:
"Appear" in Oprah Magazine...check
What shall I check off next? One can only dream...