Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's In The Details

I have been lagging on my blog the past few days and perhaps it's because I haven't taken any pictures lately or the fact that I sucked up 5GB of my monthly allowance of data for my wireless service within the first two weeks of my cycle. So, I am "forced" to go to coffee shops to "steal" their internet.

I know...BORING!

Another reason is because I have been getting ready for my first art show. Three weeks ago when I brought up the idea to the Wine Crush, I didn't think much about it. I would throw some pictures together and voila! Art Show!

Lesson learned. It's not so simple. Besides the fact that I have to choose a few pictures from about 10,000 of Long Beach (ok, maybe 5,000), I need to frame them, choose the right matte, get custom mattes for pictures outside of the "normal" dimensions, make fancy labels, write a bio, put together easels, put the easels together, price pictures, choose limited edition prints, and lastly...pray that a little piece of dust doesn't fly out of nowhere to get trapped in the glass. Oh don't get me wrong, I am so thankful of the opportunity!

Now it's the waiting that can drive one crazy. When I say "one," I mean me.

I feel like this guy when I have to wait. Not that I know how he is really feeling, but something tells me he is a little out of his mind.

In seventh grade, I threw a birthday party for myself and handed a bunch of invitations out to all of my "friends" at school and was excited to have people come over for a pizza and slumber party. The time came...nobody showed up.

It's not like I will remember that for the rest of my life or anything.

Waiting is not my strong suit. I am not what you would call a patient person. So, I did about everything I need to do for the show opening...I think. I'm sure I will forget something and scramble to get it done. In fact, I am thinking of showing an additional 4 photographs to display outside on easels. I have two in mind, but will have to sort through 24,941 (yes, this is the exact number - I checked) pictures to find two. Imagine a crazed kid at Christmas ripping through a present to get to it....that would be me looking for a picture to use.

So, that's what I've been up to. Above is a sneak peek of what I will be showing. I took it at the beginning stage of deciding on which images to use. I hope you stop by this Saturday to say hello! Click HERE for details.

Maybe I should go bake a cake or something and work on another one of those 39 goals I have listed on the right side of the blog.