Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goal Completed: See SIA In Concert

Another goal I get to check off of my 39 things I want to do on my 39th year list.

Lastnight, I went to see SIA in concert.  I know...it doesn't sounds like a hard goal to achieve, but sometimes you have to remind yourself what you would like to accomplish in order to make plans to actually do it.

My all time favorite musician is Elvis Costello, which I usually see each time he goes on tour.  Lately, I have been listening to SIA and Zero 7.  If you have never heard of them, I would recommend a listen.  It's a little funky and little kooky and perhaps a little loungy or popish, but I could listen to her for hours and sometimes, I do.

She is a bit quirky, which I like.  The opening act was Body Language.  They are a band from Brooklyn and they fit in just fine with the Sia fans.  They had a beat that made you want to dance and a performance that put a smile on your face.  I think they raided my closet in the 80's.

The stage was covered in quilts from floor to ceiling.  Once Sia came on, the room erupted with cheers as she came out with one of many head accessories to follow throughout the night.  She loved opening presents from the audience, reading cards, accepting flowers.  You could tell she was having a good time along with us.  Someone even brought her a blow up heart which was tossed around the audience for a few songs.

It was a good night.  I don't go to a lot of concerts since I am not a fan of large crowds testing the capacity of an arena, but this was one I didn't want to miss.  The only thing I am missing today is my hearing.  The venue was way too loud or I am just getting old.  I am going to lean towards the "it was too loud" side.