Monday, October 11, 2010

"Dogs Dogs Dogs" Juried Photography Exhibit At 1650 Gallery To Benefit Dogs Without Borders

As you know, I am a big animal lover and I especially love dogs.  I can't imagine my life without one.

I am thrilled to find out that my photograph, "Bella" and "Dog Beach"were selected to participate in the juried photography exhibit at the 1650 Gallery.  Their "Dogs Dogs Dogs" show will be held at their gallery in Los Angeles on October 23rd from 7pm to 11pm.  All proceeds will go to the non profit group, Dogs without Borders.

Dogs without Borders is a 501(c) non-profit dog rescue that is dedicated to saving homeless & abandoned dogs from high-kill shelters in the Los Angeles area and to find them permanent and loving homes.

Because of organizations like Dogs Without Borders, I was able to find my dog, Max.

I went to my local farmers market in Long Beach, California over a year ago in June and there he was looking at me from a cage with other rescue animals.  It was a lot like this picture of him with a stick. He was saved on his last day at a shelter from the amazing group, Hearts for Hounds.  I scooped him up and about a week later, we were on the road.

In addition to "Bella," two other photographs were chosen to participate in their online Annex gallery; "Stick Max" and "Dixie."

I am excited to be next to some amazing work.  I am especially excited to find out that my friend, Sarah Ause is also in the show.  She is the official photographer for the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.  I have always loved her work and made the trip to meet her when I was on the road last year.  The post of meeting here can be viewed HERE.

If you are in the Los Angeles area and love dogs, this show is one not to miss for a good cause!