Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Antsy McClain And The Trailer Park Troubadours



If you love trailers and the trailer life, there is a good chance that you've heard and seen Antsy McClain and the trailer park troubadours.  Ron (aka: Antsy) and I have been emailing back and forth for about a year to see if we would be in the same general area in our travels.  This time, it worked.  We happened to be at the birthplace of Airstream, Jackson Center, Ohio.  This was the perfect time for a photo shoot.  He brought along his son who I wanted to photograph as well as soon as I met him.  What a great father/son duo.

I was happy that Ron asked me to take portraits of him in  my "style."  He wrote me a note a long time ago commenting on my photographs so I was thrilled to finally meet him in person and do a shoot in the back lot of the Airstream Factory.  He noticed an Airstream that has seen better days and lucky for us, the door was open to do a shoot inside.

He's very entertaining on the stage and off including a very sharp wit and friendliness that is contagious. He travels all over the USA to perform so he may be in your city right now.   Check out his music and schedule HERE.

Thank you Ron for being such a wonderful subject to photograph.



\