Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raw


This whole blogging phenomenon is fairly new to me. I started writing because I had to recover from surgery and had nothing better to do while lying on my back. At first, I was shy. I didn’t know what to write. I still don’t really. I usually just say what’s on my mind and since I’ve been traveling, there has been a lot on my mind. So I write, edit, correct, delete, edit, erase, write more, take out some, and then…post. Then comes the waiting…what are people going to think? Will they like it? Will they hate it? Will they not care?

A little of each I suppose.

After a while, the writing starts to shift from… writing because I want to write, to writing for others. I wonder what people want to hear. Why do they read? Why do they stop reading? It’s strange how it can affect me. If someone stops reading…was it my writing, my subjects, or the sudden lack of interest?

It is hard for me to be raw, vulnerable, open, honest, and straight forward sometimes online. I guess because of fear that I will offend someone or it may come out the wrong way. Most of you can relate I think. I guess I care too much about how others feel. Anywhoo…

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning… (Wait come back...LOL! I know…boooring) Yeah, not much of a story there except it was about time! I am going to continue to write what comes to my mind and into my life. For me, it has been sort of a healing experience. Thank you for following along.