Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's Next?


“You are the only person I know that has a hard time relaxing on vacation”

This quote was about me from my best friend, Dan. Right away I denied that it was an accurate statement. I have been thinking about it to see if I should defend myself or just admit that he’s right. It’s been a week since I’ve been home. After being home for 5 days, my body decided to break down for the first time after 117 days of being on the road. Sometimes I have a hard time hearing what my body is trying to tell me. It was forcing me to slow down. So I did.

UGH…BOOORING!

I have always been doing something…scheduling my life, planning, running around, etc. It makes me crazy that I don’t have any “plans” right now. As much as I love being home, I miss being on the road. At times, it was a love/hate relationship. But, I tend to gravitate towards those types of relationships so it’s a natural feeling, perhaps.

It’s time. I am going to plan the next leg of the journey.

I am going to write more, I am going to plan more alone time, I am going to observe and feel what it’s like to just “be”. However, just “being” is a hard place for me. I’ve always needed constant stimulation on my brain. To sit and be still is not something I can do easily. However, I like a challenge so maybe this is what I need to do for myself.

O.K Dan, I think I need to learn how to relax. Hopefully, there will be cell phone reception to text. :)

Am I the only one with this problem? Any tips?