Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm getting an Apicoectomy!

Do you have dental insurance? Get your teeth fixed now. Ahhh, if I only listened to that when I had insurance. Perhaps it's my fear of needles, or the fact that metal objects don't belong in your mouth...or the sounds of drilling with the pleasant smell of drilled down tooth enamel that turns me off. Whatever the case, I avoided it.

Now, with no insurance in hand...I can no longer wait for my tooth to fix itself.

No, I am not spending money on a new flat screen TV, or a week at Club Med...instead, I am going to get an Apicoectomy this week. Pure joy. :/

A root canal that I had done when I was 16 is completely infected so I am going to get a drill in my jaw to extract the infection. Fun! Well, anything to relieve the pain I had a week ago (see sad looking, infected cheek and mouth here)

Those of you that really want to gross out, this is what I will be going through. I couldn't watch it.

So, wish me luck. :) I am looking forward for it to be over with.