Friday, May 1, 2009

My Bed

For the past few days, I have not left my bed. I don’t ever remember doing this before.

I need to do something different.

I did it. It was hard, but I decided to take my happy pill.

At first, I was hesitant. Why not? I know it will be good for me. Once I did it, it was ok. Then after a while, my breathing got harder, my throat started to burn, I started sweating…yes, it felt gooood…. Ahhhh…

The hardest part about not having Maggie around is coming home. I look forward to it so much because I see her head through the cut hole in the fence greeting me. If not there, she is slowly waking up and walking through the dog door.

Now it’s silence. I walk into the house looking at her half eaten bowl of food.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and well wishes. It is so appreciated! Even though I haven’t been out of the bed, I will get there soon. I know it. There are too many things in life to experience and blog about. Thank god for blogs.

I miss her terribly. Here’s a video of her trying to swim (She HATES swimming, but likes to bite water) at Lake Vermillion in South Dakota. We stayed there 3 nights in the most beautiful campsite on our trip. School was out so it was empty. Just us and the lake.


At least one of us looks like we're having fun in this picture.



Her favorite is barking at waves. Here we are on Lake Erie in Ohio.