Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Freakshow Leader

The things I do to entertain myself.

Sometimes you just have to act a little bit silly to pass the time when you are alone. I spent the day driving around the cape taking pictures of boats but really wanted to find a working cranberry bog. I found a deserted one, but not one harvesting...yet.

Tonight was a beautiful sunset and after I took my pictures of the sky and birds I was walking around and decided to play with the timer on my point and click. First I stood there to see how it would look. Then I walked by. Then I started to jump around and make a fool of myself out there in the sand, on the bay during low tide.
One wasn't enough...I took more and more and was cracking up at myself wondering what people must have thought if they looked out watching me jumping around in the sand at sunset.

As I walked back to the cottage, there was a woman walking on the beach who greeted me. It was the same woman that was there when I dropped my camera in the water. The last time I saw her, she asked me if I was ok since she saw me standing there, slumped over. When I told her I was fine, she said she thought I was an elderly person stuck in the sand. I wonder what she thought of me this time, jumping around by myself out on the sand bluff.

My days at the cape are winding down and there is some sadness to it. However, I am looking forward to the next destination and sharing that with you.

Of course, a couple shots weren't enough...as you can see.