Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Walk On The Beach

Ahhhh, there is nothing like being next to the ocean, especially on a crisp sunny day. I took a long walk (camera in tow) on Huntington Beach yesterday stopping to take a few pictures of what I saw that looked interesting.

At one moment, I did exactly what this man was doing (well, ALMOST exactly) and laid down on the sand to feel the sunshine on my face and listen to the waves crash. I think that could be one of my favorite things to do. All of your cares seem to slip away in one moment as you lay still to feel what's around you.

Not many beaches allow dogs, but there is a section here in Huntington Beach that is dedicated to let dogs be themselves. This is the part I took a walk on. I love how excited and happy the dogs look as they get to run around and do whatever they want.

They take time to play.

There are times that we forget what it's like to go out and just play. I remember each school day and how I looked forward to just running out during recess to jump around and swing on the bars or kick a ball around.

Sometimes I pass by a school during recess and think back to those times and then get envious that those kids can wake up and play all day in the same clothes. If only we adults could do that. Wouldn't it be nice to get up, go to work, play, go out and wear the same outfit the entire time?

For me, I find the most peace being in nature. If I am having a rough time I know that all I have to do is get outside and walk in an open field, the beach, or the mountains and any worry I might have had just seems to disappear. It's the same feeling I get watching dogs at play on the beach.

Get outside.
Play.


Here are more dogs I've photographed throughout my travels. Click HERE to view.