Thursday, May 19, 2011

Photo Shoot In The Laundromat

I am not sure why I picture certain people in certain places for a photo shoot but for some reason, I thought my friend Carrie would be perfect at the laundromat.  Luckily, she agreed.

After deciding on a location, it was time to sneek in and start an impromptu photo shoot in the early evening at the laundromat while people were inside doing their laundry, as expected.

I used natural light since we were near a window and had plenty of daylight shining in.  I gave Carrie little to no direction on what to do except to kneel down, move her arms or move just to the left or right.  She decided to jump in a basket and lay on the bench as part of the fun that day.  I also wanted to get a shot of her outside on the pay phone since it seems to be a rare sight.

Carrie's red hair and spicy personality worked well in the situation at hand.  It's hard to believe but she was a bit nervous for the shoot but it didn't take long for her to warm up and actually enjoy it.  I think her bright personality is what shined though on her photographs.