Thursday, July 23, 2009

2 Days

As I write this, I am realizing that I only have 2 more full days of being in my home. I have renters coming to live here while I travel the country. The past few weeks I've been going through all of my things to get the house ready for their stay. I knew it was going to be a lot of work, however I never expected it to be so emotional.

I've lived in this home for 7 years, so I haven't been through my things in a long time. Every drawer, cabinet, closet and hiding place was uncovered. It's been a cleansing of the soul, in a way. Mostly, it was a realization that I have too much crap.

I am going to be living out of a car for the next few months and I can guarantee that I will not miss any of my "treasures" left behind. I know I will miss my bed and a hot shower right next to each other, but as far as items go, there is nothing I will think about.

In fact, I could get rid of more things. I donated most of my clothes since I swim in them now, sold a few things on Craig's list, and recycled items I no longer needed. It's safe to say that once I return...not much is coming back into the house.

For me, road trips are a great way to clear the mind. As I mentioned in my blogs before, it can be therapeutic. There is so much to see in this country, I am excited to see some new and amazing places.

The road is my blank canvas. I will paint the journey with every mile driven. Just me and my co-pilot, Max. We look forward to sharing our moments with you here.