Saturday, August 15, 2009

Camping and more camping...

I haven't blogged for a while since I've been out of the range to do so. And when I am in the range, it's a hassle to get the computer out and upload the pictures, decide on the good ones, blah blah blah.

Yes, we am ALIVE! Max and I are in South Dakota as I write this. From Colorado, we went to Hoback Junction, Jackson, Teton park, Yellowstone, KeyHole Rec Park, Devil's Tower, Wind Caves and up through Custer State Park. It's been quite a week.

It might sounds a tad funny, but camping is exhausting. A big part of it is the drive getting to where you are going to stay the night. Some of it is a safety factor. Since I am not in a hard shell, I have to be more aware of my surroundings and choose a safe place to sleep. I don't always do that. I will in the future.

Yellowstone is on the top of the list as one of my favorite parks. It didn't disappoint this year. I was surprised to see so many campers this time around, compared to last year. In 2008, I visited around August 25th and there were 250 campsites (in my camp area alone) that were available. This year, sold out. I moved each day and was pushed into a site where someone decided not to visit. The lost and misfit camp sites. I enjoyed them.

Max is being such a great travel companion. He sleeps while I drive for most of the day while being a crazy dog when he is let out of the car. I am reading at night. Currently, I am reading "Bird by Bird." I have a bad habit of skipping ahead, which I did in this one. It's a good read for people wishing to strengthen their writing skills. I am always up for learning new things.

I have so many blogs in my head that I want to write. They swim in my head over and over until perfection. Once I am ready to let it out, I can't seem to articulate it. Perhaps when I have more time. Below are some of my favorite pictures in Yellowstone and the grand teton park..