Sunday, August 9, 2009

Striving For Imperfection


I decided to try my hand at the beautiful red rocks that I saw in Utah and Colorado. For some reason, I am a little intimidated with color as of late. I look back at the first few paintings I did and the colors were a lot brighter. Lately, I have been afraid to be bold and throw caution to the paper, in a way.

I have one spiral binder with 12 sheets of watercolor paper on it. All of the paintings I did on this binder are shown below:

Perhaps it's the pressure to keep it up, or my internal pressure for perfection. I think that once the 12 sheets are completed, I am going to use more color and not care so much. Of course I will care! Who are we kidding? OK, I will try to not to care as much. I'm going to paint, not care and make more mistakes as I can to see what happens. I hear mistakes can be the best training tool. Mistakes, here I come! My next scribbles will be mistakes, challenging myself to be ok with whatever happens on the paper.

It's just a hobby. I enjoy it, for the most part. Thank you for your comments and words of encouragement. I appreciate it so much. I have such respect for artists that can master their craft and share it with the world without hesitation.

I am enjoying the ride. Thank you for sharing it with me.