Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Next Day...

Max and I woke up to a beautiful day after the lightning storm. We set out to to one of my favorite campsites from last year, Vermillion State Park in South Dakota. Somehow I knew the weather would cooperate this time. Well, I didn't "know" but I was hoping that it would be nice. It was.

Of course we had to stop at the world's only corn palace! It was full of corn, all right. They decorate the "palace" each year with a different corn design. Inside is a gym, concert hall, welcome center, or gift shop. Depends on the time you tour it, I suppose. If you are in the area, you have to stop just to see the "wonder" of it all.

We took it easy at the site, looking at the water and relaxing. The chipmunks were brave enough to steal Max's food as he napped. You can watch the video by clicking here.

It was a nice rest for the long drive ahead. We didn't know where we would land, but I wanted to see Minnesota and Wisconsin. Two states I have never been to.