Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cape Cod: The First 24 Hours

The day finally came. I planned to be here in September a few months ago and now we're here! We were greeted yesterday by the generous owners of a quaint cottage in Provincetown. All 3 of us walked our dogs on the beach and chatted a bit before they packed up and left.

And then there were two...just Max and I. In a home. For us, it's very exciting to be in one place for a period of time, doing whatever we want to do, whenever we want to do it. We don't even need to drive anywhere in the car!

We rested for an hour and then off we went to watch the sunset. It was an amazing display of art in deep orange, reds, pink, blue, violet. I tried to capture the colors in a photo, but it's really hard to get the feeling of the ocean and the sky in a photograph.

After sleeping like a rock, Max and I headed out to the beach to relax. Of course he was his usual psycho self, digging in the sand. It was fun to play around in the sand a bit. Later in the day, we decided to head to town. This was Max's first time riding in a basket and he did a great job! It helped that he was tied in with two straps on both sides. I cracked up the entire time riding with him in the front and people looking and laughing at us. We were in the right place. We will do all we can to add to the weirdness of the town while we're here.

Tomorrow is an exciting day since I will have my first visitor. Dan is coming to visit for Labor day weekend! I am looking forward to it.

Here are some pictures from the first 24 hours on the Cape: