Saturday, September 26, 2009

Puffy Clouds and Rollerskating

I love puffy clouds! I love those soft billowy clouds that form close to the earth...as if they are just sitting there waiting for us to admire them. Usually the deep blue sky accompany these soft clouds so it makes it a great picture taking day!
Waking up and seeing those clouds in the sky makes me very happy. Almost giddy happy.

I get so excited thinking about going out and taking pictures. You never know what you are going to get. They come and go pretty fast and each formation is unlike the one before.

This burst of excitement started me thinking...when have I ever been this excited about a new hobby?

It took me back to the days when I was 10 or 11 and LOVED to go rollerskating. I would rollerskate after school with my mom or sometimes on the weekend, I would get lucky and go to the rink. On one occasion, I even had a birthday party there. Each morning after my rollerskating fix, I would wake up looking forward to the next time I was going to do it. It would consume my thoughts throughout the day.

Who knew that rollerskating would help me in my career once I got older. My first job out of college was managing the kids club at the local FOX TV affiliate. I had the honor of being Blinky Bill rollerskating in the 100 degree summer heat at a roller rink, waving to kids as I skated around wearing a 50 pound costume doing the hokey poky (and no, there are no photographs of this special moment in my life - I hope) with 3 or 4 kids hanging on me screaming... "Blinkyyyyyy!!!! "Over Here! Over Here!!!!!" "BLINKYYYYY!!!!"(insert high pitch scream here)

I haven't been rollerskating since.

This blog is really just to say that I am excited. I look forward to taking pictures of my travels and sharing them with you each day. I know I've said it before, but it gives me that happy giddy feeling again. Similar to the, "Before Blinky" excitement I had for rollerskating.