Friday, September 11, 2009

Completed Book


It's been a while since I took the time to paint. I think I was frustrated with my last few paintings so I gave my little portable brush a break. This painting of the lifeguard tower on the beach marks my 12th painting. My 5x9 watercolor book is now complete. I started a spiral bound book back in late May when I was in Ptown and wanted to try something new. I am enjoying it.

Walking around the town and touring the galleries will give you a sense of the talent in this town. Some paintings here are truly amazing. Sometimes you can look at a piece and think it's so simple to do...until you try to do it.

I hope to continue and scribble some more pictures in the next few weeks while I am here. I am headed to Rhode Island today to take a walk through artist open studios and soak up some skills. Well, I'm not sure about that but I know there will be some talented artists there. I am looking forward to it. Here is a collage of all of the 12 paintings together. Perhaps I should paint like a normal person and sit at a table or stand with an easel. I painted these either on an airplane, in my trailer, in a bed, on the floor of a motel room, or on the floor of a friends house. It's not supposed to be comfortable, right?

"Gully" is still my favorite.