Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Photographing Dogs

I love dogs.  I dream of having a large piece of land where I can adopt all of the homeless dogs and we would all live together happily ever after.  I am lucky that Max likes dogs too.  I am able to go to the dog park with him where I wasn't able to with Maggie.  He just wanders and does his own thing and checks back with me every so often only to run off again.

Dogs are fun to photograph since it captures their personality in an instant.  There is a lot of character in their face when you take an unexpected snapshot without going through the routine of "sit""stay""no..siiitt""staaaayy""waiiiiit", etc.  They are challenging to photograph since they're always moving around which makes it interesting.  Most of my favorite shots are ones where I got lucky when I look back at the pictures I took.  Here are a few of my favorite from the past month.



I adopted Max from the Hearts for Hounds rescue organization here in Long Beach.  They have several dogs that need a good home.  Please click HERE to learn more.

I have more of my favorite dog photographs from traveling around the country HERE.

There is a good chance that your dog may be in one of them.

If your dog isn't in the album and you would like me to photograph your dog, please email me at alisontravels@gmail.com

Max and I are off to do something different and I look forward to sharing it with you soon...