Sunday, March 7, 2010

Women of Waves


On Saturday, I went out to support the opening of WOW "Women of Waves" exhibit at the California Surf Museum in Oceanside.  Julie Cox helped put on the this wonderful collection of and history about Women in the sport of surfing.  Not only is Julie a pro surfer, she was the person who taught me to stand on a board two years ago in Todos Santos, Mexico.  Believe me, that was no easy task.  Not only is she an amazing surfer, she is tremendously patient...as I learned first hand.

The exhibit featured influential women surfers, cultural movements, a variety of important surfboards, and surf fashion trends that changed the lifestyle sport forever.
From ancient Hawaiian princesses to today's ASP World Champions, "Women On Waves" gave a historical glimpse inside the female surfing experience.  






The display will be up until January of 2011 so if you are in the area, I would recommend a visit.  

Congratulations Julie for a terrific opening!