Monday, March 26, 2012

HOW TO: "FUNK UP" YOUR DRESS!

Happy Monday loves!  It's super windy out today so I was only to get a couple of shots outside.  I've had a few girls ask me how they can "funk up" a dress to give it some edge and make it a little less dressy so that they can wear it out to different places.  I thought today would be the perfect opportunity for me to play dress up and put something together to give you an idea of how to do that!  I hope that this helps :)





I'm wearing a dress that I got at Target this past summer.  I paired it with black tights and my Steve Madden booties.  When you wear booties with a dress it will instantly add a different vibe to your look and make it a little more fun.  I decided to wear this hat that I got from H&M because it really helped bring this outfit together and definitely added some funk as well.




  I am also wearing my faux leather jacket with zippers.  I think that jackets like these are a great addition to outfits.  You can pair them with dresses like this or with a skirt and top.  It will give you the edginess that you're looking for.  

I threw in a little pop of color with this silver and turquoise ring.  Throwing in some color with neutral tones is always great to do whether it's with your shoes, bag, or accessories.  I also have on these hanging cross earrings that I found at Forever21.  The finishing touch was this studded clutch that I got awhile back at Mandee.  As you can see it's the little things like accessories and jackets that will switch up your look.  If I wore this with a pair of pumps and without the hat and jacket then it would have more of a dressy and sophisticated chic look.  Minor adjustments is the key to achieving this. 

Enjoy your day and you have till tomorrow to email your photos for the contest! 
XO.