Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Las Vegas On My iPhone

Over the weekend, I surprised my best friend Dan and showed up in a limo that his girlfriend rented to take him to the speedway to drive fast cars.  Max and I arrived in the city the night before and I decided to walk around and take some photos with my iphone.  If you like to people watch, this is one of the best cities to do it in, although the highlight of the trip was surprising Dan in the limo.  We both got emotional after the "surprise!" and I was glad I was able to capture that in a photograph.  During the day, I took Max to the dog park and we explored areas off of the strip but I did join the masses on the strip a few nights to soak in the atmosphere.  One evening for kicks, I sat in the lobby of the Bellagio and took pictures of the ceiling and then watched what happened after people watched me.  There is a chain reaction when someone sees you take a photo of something, they MUST do the same!  That was my excitement for the night.  On another night, we went downtown to see another side of Vegas.  All and all, it was a very interesting trip since I haven't been in years.  It's an adult fantasyland with some very sad undertones, in my opinion. Here are some images from the festivities.  Happy Birthday Dan!