Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving so i'm going to take a moment here to be thankful for what's in my life. I am so grateful for what I have and what surrounds me. My friend Dian has been writing 39 things each day for 9 days so far that she has been thankful for. I am pretty amazed how she comes up with all of this on a daily basis but it has inspired me to write my own little list. Here are a few things that I am grateful for today:

- My friends and family.
They give me the courage to follow my dreams and be the best person I can be. I also am grateful for the family members I have lost and how they have impacted my life in such a profound way.

- Being in Nature
The place where I feel the calmest and happiest.

-The roof over my head and food on my plate (or hands)
I am fortunate to be able to have a shelter each night (no matter where that may be), and the ability to eat whenever I want

-My freedom
I am fortunate that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to do it. I can hop in my car and drive for days if I feel like it. I have a voice and I can use it. I can say whatever I want and express my opinions.

-My dog, Max
He brings me such joy on a daily basis. I love all animals and we are fortunate to share this earth with them. Let's be kind to them.

-My Health
I can move around freely, see, hear, feel, walk, take care of myself and the ability to go wherever I want to go.

-My human emotions
I can go on a journey without leaving the couch. I have the power to change moods, laugh, cry, and love.

I am also thankful for these smaller things in life that bring me joy:
electric blankets
silence
a good meal
great music
campfire
sleeping outdoors
coffee
art
thoughtful gestures
watching max play at the dog park
meeting new friends
having friends that stick around through everything
sunsets
experiencing life through clear eyes
laughing out loud
giving
exploring something new
a good book
getting lost
learning something new
passionate people
seeing things differently
flip flops
being at the beach
hot baths
unexpected surprises
giving
taking a picture that makes me smile
making others smile through images
chocolate covered pretzels
being silly
a hand written note
another day
you

So here I give thanks. Thank you for reading my blog and following my adventures. Your comments and thoughts have kept me going. I am thankful that I am able to explore, see new things and share it with you. This has been a wonderful exercise. I plan to do it often.