Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I haven't been home in months for a Sunday so I decided to remind myself why I live here. I drove to the water and to the local farmer's market to see what I've missed the past four months of being on the road.

Everything is the same.

I love going to the farmer's market and seeing all of the fresh produce for sale. There is something about buying directly from the person that grew the veggies. It's almost like you have your own garden without all of the work.

I took Max to visit his pals that were up for adoption. In July, I was strolling along the same farmer's market when I saw Max and decided to take him home with me. Little did he know that he was in for the ride of his life across the country.

Seeing the other dogs for adoption made me a bit sad since I wanted to take all of them home. I think he remembered some of his old friends but most of the dogs seemed new. The best part was watching a few being adopted.

So, we explored the farmers market and looked at local art booths for the day...ending it at the dog park. Life is a bit slower for me right now and there is no sense of fighting it. We have become accustomed to running around each day exploring and taking pictures. It was nice to do some of that and return home for a change. However, I know this will be short lived and I will want to get back on the road. For now, we will live life at life's pace.