Sunday, November 1, 2009

What Lies Beneath

As I travel around the country, I have seen some amazing sights. Beautiful landscapes, trees, wildlife and man made objects. The beauty that surrounds us is incredible.

It's natural for us to look in front of us to see what's there, but I try to look above and below for interesting things to look at. As I observe the ground we walk on, I've noticed that there are some beautiful textures and patterns. Most of the time, we don't pay attention to what we step on, but it in itself can be art.

Throughout this time, I have been taking pictures of the tips of my feet and the ground to give perspective of what is there from eye level. This collage is filled with some of my snapshots of that.

As you move through your day, I would suggest that you take a look at what's above and below you. You might be surprised at what you'll find.